The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity while spreading sunshine in the blogging community. Nonso the Writer has graciously nominated me for this award. Thank you, Nonso! If you’re unfamiliar with him, this is how Nonso describes his pursuits: “Writing is art, an expression of oneself. This art I intend to share with the world through the creation of evergreen write-ups, fuelled by quantified and qualified research facts. By this, I express myself wholeheartedly.” And write from the heart he does, primarily on social issues. Check him out – you will like what you read!
Update: Benjamin Grossman also nominated me for this award in July of 2021. If you’re not familiar with his work, he is a lovingly hopeless romantic that specializes in writing poetry. Thanks, Benjamin!
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 people, notify them, & ask 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award photo in your post.
Questions from Nonso
- When was your toughest time blogging?
Getting started was tough because setting up the blog site was all new to me and sometimes frustrating.
2. If you look back to the beginning, would you say you’ve achieved a lot?
I have made new friends and shared writings and photos that others appreciate, so yes, I am happy with what I’ve achieved.
3. Any obstacles faced by blogging? If yes, explain.
I sometimes work on a post (or 2 or 4!) for the week, only to discover that it doesn’t feel right to share at that time, so at the last hour, I’m faced with starting anew.
4. How does your inspiration come?
I am inspired by witnessing natural beauty and acts of lovingkindness, as well as learning about scientific findings that prove Nature is our best healer: mind, body, and soul.
5. Asides blogging, what else do you do (leisure or business)?
I love to learn, travel, cook, hike, bike, climb, do yoga, photograph Nature, & watch wildlife.
6. Who’s your favorite blogger and why?
I am inspired by many bloggers who share incredible photos, quotes, poetry, travel info, short stories, & thought-provoking articles.
7. The country with the most views on your blog?
On most days, the US leads, but at least once a week, India.
8. Are you more creative at night or during the day? Or you’re fluid?
Hmmmmm, I’m not really sure. I reserve time for writing first thing in the morning. But at night, I sometimes come up with important ideas, or I’ll have a realization of something I feel is crucial to an ongoing post, project or personal situation.
9. What’s blogging like to you?
To me, blogging is an opportunity to share the ideas I feel are important, as well as my travel photos. In the process, I’ve connected with many other bloggers around the world whose friendship & support inspires me!
10. Do you ever go back to your previous posts? How do you feel about them?
I do occasionally review older posts, and most of the time, I feel they’re ok. Although, sometimes, I feel I could have done better!
11. What’s your opinion about life?
Life is a big, beautiful, mysterious experience that is often taken for granted when we get bogged down in a less-than-delightful routine. (It is so much more than working, acquiring, and paying bills, although that narrow mindset seems to be prevalent.) Life is an opportunity to become rich in spirit, knowledge, experiences, relationships, and connection with Nature. It is a gift for which we should assume a sacred responsibility.
Over the past month, out of the 23 bloggers I’ve nominated for the Liebster Award, the Small Joys Tag, and the Great Achiever Mahasiddhi Blogger Award, only 4 have acknowledged my nomination, and 2 of those respectfully declined. Therefore, I nominate all inspiring members of the blogging community, contingent upon acceptance!
Questions to Those Accepting my Nomination
- Outside of your family/home, name 1 thing you do to demonstrate lovingkindness.
- Do you spend time admiring Nature?
- Do you have pets? Name 1 funny thing they do.
- When were you last generous with your words and/or resources?
- Do you feel forgiveness is important for peace and happiness?
- How often do you laugh?
- What is your favorite vegetable? Fruit?
- Are you aware that the health of your gut & its microbes determines your ability to lose weight? (It also has a strong influence on your mood, motivational level, and the health of your organs, including your brain.)
- In addition to blogging, what are your other creative pursuits?
- What is one of your favorite Nature scenes?
- In your opinion, what is the most important thing brought to light by the pandemic?
Again, Nonso, I appreciate your kindness. This award is sweet!
Blessings for Sunshine,
The content of this article is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented herein. Any statements about the possible health benefits of any subject discussed have not been evaluated by medical professionals or the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or illness.