I was recently nominated by Angela from SUITCASE Travel Blog for the Outstanding Blogger Award. Heartfelt thanks, Angela! Like me, Angela is passionate about travel, exploration, meeting new people & learning new customs. I do hope you’ll show her some love by visiting her beautiful site!
- Provide a link to the original creator’s award post, as well as one to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Compose 7 questions of your own.
- Nominate & notify up to 10 bloggers.
- Continue your awesome support of our blogging community!
1. How did you choose the name for your blog? What’s the story behind it? The name of my blog comes from a precept of Ayurveda, an ancient healing system based on balancing all aspects of self (the micro) and environment (the macro) to create optimal health and well-being.
2. How do you motivate yourself to keep blogging? I am motivated by learning new information that helps me be the best version of myself, as well as the desire to share it in hopes of inspiring others.
3. If you would create another blog what would it be? My current blog is broad enough to cover all the topics I want to write about, from health to vegan recipes to travel, so I wouldn’t consider a second blog.
4. What hobby do you have beside the blogging? I enjoy cooking, reading, travel & the planning that goes with it, spending time in Nature, photography, and learning.
5. What are your essential travel apps or gadgets? I am pretty old-school when it comes to travel. I will research my destination online, and sometimes use a navigational device if I’m driving, but nothing fancy. I still enjoy travel guide books. And one of my most exciting recent purchases was a road atlas!
6. Once you can plan your next vacation, where will you go? I have begun planning a camping trip for early summer. We will sleep in a tent, hike, and photograph the 3 parks in California’s Sierra Nevada. I can hardly wait!
7. What superpower would you like to have? I would like to be able to reverse the environmental damage done to our beautiful planet. For example, when (even more) forest land is burned or clear-cut for the purpose of raising cattle for commercial consumption, I’d like to have an immediate awareness of it, appear on the scene, and cause all of the trees, shrubs, and wildlife to be instantly restored.
- When did you last spend time in Nature?
- Why did you become a blogger?
- Do you have a pet? If so, what was the last funny thing he/she did?
- What music are you listening to right now?
- What book(s) are you currently reading?
- What was the last meal you prepared at home?
- What travel destination does the pandemic have you longing for?
The folks I have nominated are talented writers, storytellers, poets, and photographers, and their hearts always shine through their posts. They are also kind and encouraging to other bloggers. If you don’t know them already, you should; they are outstanding bloggers in every sense.
- Cindy at Unique Times
- Janet at This, That, & the Other Thing
- Joanna at Naturetails
- Ashley at A Different View
- Henrietta at Hensblooms
- Kate at Aroused
- Philo at Philosophy Through Photography
- Frank at Beach Walk Reflections
- Dwight at Roth Poetry
- Donald at Donald Reese Photography
Thanks again, Angela; I am honored by your nomination!
The content of this article is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented herein. Any statements about the possible health benefits of any subject discussed have not been evaluated by medical professionals or the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or illness.